<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

THE EXERCISER

07 July 2006
The card was pulled yesterday, and the card said that I get to exercise.

I'm going to keep celebration to a minimum until I know whether Becca has been selected as an exerciser or not, but I am very excited. This means that I'll come out of the study in pretty good shape, probably the best shape I've ever been in. My fate has been sealed...

I went to Parmatown Mall today to pick out a pair of running shoes for the study. Either NASA or the Cleveland Clinic is footing (pardon the pun) the bill, and after trips to 5 different stores I found a pair that was relatively inexpensive and very comfortable.



It was the first pair of running shoes I had bought in probably 10 years, since my athletic days came to an end. Hopefully this will start me on a program that I'll stick with and I'll be able to run more than ten feet without having to stop and catch my breath.

I've got my fingers crossed for you too, Becca...
20:29 :: :: permalink
2 Comments:
  • Geroge, I am so happy for you!! I finially got my first day in the shoes today. One day down, three to go. I can't remember the last time I wanted something so bad.
    Oh, please party away. You'll just be able to do twice the party with me.

    By Blogger Becca, at 21:26  
  • Dude, shoes break down faster than you think. If you're going to be running every day for three months, I strongly suggest buying a second pair of shoes you can use on alternate days, or by the third month you're going to have some very worn-out shoes and possibly be a candidate for an injury -- and that would ruin your chances to be in the best shape of your life, if not ruin the study altogether.

    I used to live in the Midwest and I totally understand the cheapness ethos, but seriously, get a second pair.

    By Blogger Mark Pritchard, at 15:01  
Post a Comment
<< Home