<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

Not much longer...

19 July 2006
So the final preparations have continued. I've started moving all my belongings out of my apartment and into the spare room of my parents' house. I've been shopping for comfortable pants and gym shorts to wear while in bed. I've been taking down my caffeine levels, going for lots of drives with the windows down, checking out books from the library, taking longer showers, eating all the food I want.

The other night was when it really hit me that this was happening soon. I drove to Super KMart in Brookpark at about 11:30 pm to buy some gym shorts and toothbrushes. The windows were down, and I was listening to Yes' Close to the Edge album (which would probably make my dad proud). It had been a really hot day in Cleveland, but it tapered off into a great night for driving. I felt kind of lonely, but probably only because I was alone. But I walked around Super K for a while and realized that in two weeks I wasn't going to be able to do any of this. I won't be able to leave the bed, let alone go driving at 11:30 at night. The good part, though, was that I didn't care. When I get out, it will be October, an even better time for driving at night, and I have a feeling I'll have a better appreciation for that kind of thing.
14:53 :: :: permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home