<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

Sunrise/sunset

31 July 2006
I woke up this morning with the sun. My cell phone/alarm clock, sang the Cingular Sound at 5:30 pulling me from my bed, covers, pillow, and lovers arms for the last time in 3 months. Tired, I drew away from my warm bed and familiar covers and slid into the coolness of my slightly air conditioned bedroom. I took in that moment for all it was for as long as I could. Fully realizing that it was the last time I would leave my bed, any bed, until nearly Halloween, weekday trips to the ZLS notwithstanding.
I showered, soaking up the warmth of the water and letting the steam fill my lungs, open my pours, and wrap my body in comfort. I wished I could have stayed longer but there were still a few things that had to be packed, and Twa needed to shower and get ready for the day also.

Once I got to the clinic it was just one thing after another, and before I knew it, I was in bed already. Twa stayed for as long as she could, kissed me good bye and left to try to work her way through the maze of the clinic. I'm still waiting for the big bang of things. The moment where all of me fully realizes what this is.

So far, though, so good. The small of my back hurts a little but as soon as I turn to my side it stops.

I keep, ever so slowly, sliding down to the head end of the bed. It is different scooting down without using my feet. Going to have to train myself, hard, not to do that.

All in all though, no real susprize. The only "complaint" I have, is how blocked the server I am on is. Some things I can understand being restricted, but I like myspace and stumbleupon. com. This is something, we are told, will be fixed. Hooray.

Lunch; Turkey on whole wheat, yellow American cheese, potato chips, a rice crispy treat (yummy!), and black berry flavored water.

Dinner; Cheese ravolli and a salad with balsamic basil dressing, and added cucumber slices. I list the latter separate because it is listed separately on the lid of the salad.
17:35 :: :: permalink
1 Comments:
  • I remember all the dinners and lunches and stuff. and I wasn't even on the study.

    I hear you've got Erins room. It'll be weird to go back in it. Weirder still to go into Patty's room. I only went in there once before.

    mike

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35  
Post a Comment
<< Home