<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

09 July 2006
Woke up at 8:00 this morning to get to the clinic for my 2 hour long MRI. There were 4 done; right leg, both legs up to my pelvis, left arm, and then my spine. Ten seconds into the second one, I had to pee. Bad. Needless to say the second it was done I jumped up and asked for directions to the little astronauts room. Well, not really. I actually looked at the doctor and let out a whimper of "I have to peeeeee". Leading me out of the room he pointed down the hall to a sign, which, sans glasses, was a block of fuzz to me. Second later I did what I had to do and was back on my back. This is the last "pass/fail" thing we have to do, but no one anticipates any issues. I, and George also, have been probed from head to toe a several times, if something we wrong with either of us, one of the initial tests would have caught it.
I did my first day of ADR on Friday and I can't wait to get it over with. Mainly because I want to know what group I'm in. The first two people to do this were both in the control group, both participants were men. In the second group, both were women and one was a control and the other was an exerciser. In this group, seeing as there is one male and one female, it would be nice if both were exercisers, but I have a sinking feeling that I'm a control, so much in fact I'm resolved not to be to disappointed if I am. There, however, is no pattern to this. Everything is random, and the fact that George is an exerciser doesn't effect me whatsoever, as everything is separated between men and women anyway.

I can't believe this is going to start in just a few weeks. There are days were I have to stop and ask myself if I'm crazy for doing this. Then there are other where I can't wait. I'm giddy with excitement.

In the end though, I know some days are going to be hard, and getting out of bed is the thing I'll want to do most in the world. But I have a strong mind and a whole hell of a lot of will power. Not to mention the support of my friends, family, and study staff.

Now if only I can wean myself of Pepsi/Coke. I know if I don't do it soon I'm going to have a killer headache for the first few weeks of bedrest. The caffeine withdrawal combined with the headache I already anticipate from of all the fluid in my body flowing to my brain won't make the first few weeks easy. I should give up the stuff anyway, so unhealthy.
12:48 :: :: permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home