<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

Hello again, Pip

22 August 2006
I finally started reading again today but am finding it hard keep the book open for more then a few minutes at a time. I guess it doesn't matter all that much, as long as I finish the book in the next week or so. It isn't really a hard book per si, it just takes some adapting to get used to the language.

The sweater is going well, provided I have enough yarn, it will be done by Monday. I'm a little worried about knitting some of it. I understand the bulk of the pattern, but am getting confused with the neck instructions. When I started the sweater I cast on what I thought was enough, but after a few rows it looked to big, so I frogged the inch or so I did and started over again, with the same number of stitches. Smart, right? I decided in the long run to keep the extra few inches, the stuff I'm working with is mostly wool, and I may want to put something on under it for extra comfort.

Even though this project is going to be a bit of a challenge, it is the first sweater I've ever made after all, I look forward to finishing it. If nothing else it will give me even more reason to try something even harder. There must be at least 6 or 7 other patters in just one of my knotting books that I'd like to try.

I'm finding that the ZLS is becoming less and less of a challenge much faster then I ever thought it would. I'm already asking to run/walk for longer periods of time, the weight doesn't seem as heavy as it seemed just two weeks ago, and I have a feeling I'm going to ask to go faster one of these days.

As expected, food is my biggest issue here. Most of it isn't bad, it just isn't what I love to eat. Or if it is something that I normally love, turkey for example, it isn't prepared the way I like it, with the kind of turkey, bread, or condiments I'm used to. There are just some places that I go to for lunch that make it so perfect, anything else is blah.

I've been spending a lot of time listening to pandora.com when the TV isn't on. It is really great actually, all you have to do is type in the name of a song/singer/group you like, and with in seconds it plays songs like the one you requested. Best of all, it is free, the sound quality is great, and the selections it has played for my have been exactly what I was in the mood to hear.
19:02 :: :: permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home