<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

Take Your Time/Hurry Up

13 August 2006
Day 14. Time is flying by. As of tomorrow morning at 11, I will be 1/6th done with the study. That may not seem like a lot, but I was gearing up for something that was going to take forever. I'm starting to think I set my sights a little too high as far as goals go. I don't have as much time as I thought I would. For example, if I were on pace with my reading goal, I would have 5 books in the bag by tomorrow. Instead, I'm barely halfway through the first one. Granted, it's almost 700 pages long, but I should be way ahead of that mark. I'm purposely not turning on the TV until 8:00.

Lots of visits in the past few days, including my friend/college roommate Jimbo and his girlfriend Claire, my good friend Smotey, Mike and Brian Dortley, Erin, as well as my parents and my grandmother. Visitors are a nice way to break up the day, and it's good to see people from the real world to remind me that there will be a real world for me to return to in a couple months. The only strange thing is that the mood always seems a bit somber, because hospital visits are rarely fun. I don't think it sinks in with everyone that I'm not ill, just horizontal. Still, there isn't much to do in this room as far as entertaining goes. Well, dinner is here...
17:10 :: :: permalink
2 Comments:
  • Hang in there. What your doing today will change the future for the whole world (sounds like a bit much but I think its true).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22:28  
  • Been in a hosptial. I think people are uncomforable because they feel like they are out of control. Maybe thats the case with your friends and family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22:29  
Post a Comment
<< Home