<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

Halfway plus some

13 September 2006
Our half way point came and went in the shadow of the 9/11 5 year anniversary. I spent some of the day reflecting on the past five years, recalling where I was at various points throughout the day as the events played out on TV. The shower, the lobby of my dorm, sociology, my dorm lobby again. The class, as was the case all classes that started after 9:00 that day, was not in session. That day, and the days that followed, are beginning to get a little foggy. I can no longer recall what I wore that day, what news show I was watching when I found out, what residents I told about the attack and who told me details I hadn't yet known. What I do recall is being fixed on my TV for several shorts periods of time throughout the day and the days that followed. Wanting to know everything, afraid to know anything.

I've slightly changed my mindset with the ZLS over the past few days. I no longer run until I don't think I can run anymore. I know that I can run twenty continuous minutes on this thing. I may be tired, sweaty, and my legs may ache, but this is only 20 minutes. It worked well Monday and Tuesday. Today, I ran for 7 and 13 minutes, but only because my shoe came untied. I don't know if this is going to become habit, but I feel so good when I finish a longer run, I want to try to keep it up.
16:15 :: :: permalink
2 Comments:
  • Becca: I rememer our conversation of 9/11. After the second plane hit, I called you and said "This means war!" You said you didn't think so. I didn't know then, though, that it meant two wars.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14:43  
  • Good work, very nice blog. Seems you enjoy working with/ on the internet. And
    if something like that even pays off well, it would be even better, woulnd't it?

    I chose you because you convinced meby all the effort you put into it. That
    really convinced me.
    For further information please look up my site www-franco.blogspot.com Please get more information
    on....see the video!

    By Blogger Franco, at 02:10  
Post a Comment
<< Home