<$BlogRSDUrl$>
stardust holiday
chronicles of the chronically (and voluntarily) bedridden

tuesday's gray and wednesday too

27 April 2006
I'm to the "tired but can't sleep" phase. Utterly frustrating.

I did fall asleep during/after my massage today, however, and fell into a very surreal lucid dream. I can't remember it though, because a nurse came in and woke me up halfway through it. ARGGGGHHHHH if I'm woken up mid-dreamstate, if someone wants to know something from me, I never remember what it is I was dreaming about.

It's strange though, having so much uninterrupted sleep time does lead to some weird occurances. (luckily no sleepwalking though!) Lucid dreaming and/or having dream control is very frequent now, without induction. I still have a LOT of reading to do, but I'm curious to see how it will turn out. It's not quite as possible at home, sleeping with someone else in the bed with me. If I sleep facing him, I already can't get to a dream journal to write things down. But I'm going to start being more aware of these things and hopefully something will come out of it. There is some amazing imagery in my dreams sometimes, and I think some of these things would make interesting artwork.


OK, bed time. Drifting off and listening to The Cure. Let's see how this works out.
02:33 :: :: permalink
2 Comments:
  • A small handheld voice recorder might help to state your lucid dreams as soon as you wake up.

    Jonathon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01  
  • The Cure rock, you have good taste :)
    I hardly ever have lucid dreams, in most of my dreams I think they are real even though they're so weird! Sleeping and dreaming are fascinating, there is so much we don't know about the brain - what happens when we sleep, why we dream, etc. I reckon we'll never totally understand it, cos if the brain was simple enough for us to understand, then we wouldn't be able to understand it because we wouldn't have enough brainpower (Does that make sense?). But anything that brings us closer to understanding it is cool, so good on you for volunteering to do this stuff!
    Any chance that NASA will one day be able to invent something to record your dreams onto DVD/video? It could be interesting...

    By Blogger Hel, at 15:54  
Post a Comment
<< Home